On July 30 the wraps will finally be taken off the controversial scheme to turn the run-down, overgrown but much-loved gardens into the town's newest tourist attraction.
An official opening is planned for the autumn.
Deputy mayor Chris Lewis said the road system would stay as it is this summer.
Parking would be created on the cliff side lane, currently closed off, and the traffic will continue to use the seaside lane.
It had been planned to swap them over.
Cllr Lewis said: "We want to see what is proposed for Princess Gardens and we don't yet know what is happening at the Palm Court Hotel."
Plans to redevelop the Palm Court failed when the development company went into administration earlier this year.
The council has asked the proposed developer of the Pavilion, and buildings along the promenade, to present details to it next month following a public meeting.
Parts of Rock Walk have been closed since 2005 and the reopening has been delayed because of an extra £550,000 piling operation to secure upper pathways in the £3million overhaul.
At the cabinet meeting this week, mayor Nick Bye agreed to set aside £550,000 from its VAT 'windfall' following a successful tax refund appeal, to meet the unplanned extra costs of the project.
Cllr Lewis said they had saved some money on the project until surveys found extra piling was needed for the new pathways and supports because of the ground conditions.
They had kept to within the original £3million budget.
"We didn't want to cut back on the lighting and artwork which is what will make Rock Walk a special experience," he said.
"If we had cut that spending now we would never have finished it, which would have been criminal."
Pathways and a viewing platform have been created up the rock face which will be lit. Art works are also being created.
At night the multi-coloured night-time illuminations will be visible from across Tor Bay.
Parking meters will be installed on the cliff-side lane and it is hoped to create a new coach stop for the theatre.